Tuesday, February 28

Craft 2012

I try to blog at least once every month but it seems like my last blog was in early December 2011, and today is already the last day of February! It had been a hectic period for the past two months with house moving, travels, kids starting school, etc.  I am pretty much settled into the new year's routine now and have started to think about beading again.  

Honestly, I have not beaded for awhile.  In fact I have been busy making little crafts around the house, like fabric notice boards, canvas art pieces, cushion covers and my latest obsession is to make tissue box covers. The idea came about because I was trying to look for covers to cover up the tissue boxes but couldn't find any over here. I saw some designs back in Singapore but they were too busy for my taste. So, I decided to sew it myself. It did take some trial and error to finally come up with the product.  Here are the three I have sewed.

Fabric Tissue Box Covers
My favourite has to be the centre one with the retro space prints. My sons love anything about space/solar system and has a space theme for their bedroom so this cover couldn't have been more appropriate!

Now that I have completed the sewing bit, I have to start on some beading projects soon. I just received a lovely package from Lisa Peter Arts. Here are some of the goodies that I have bought.

Cabochons
My photograph did not do justice to these beautiful art pieces especially the donuts. The colours are very rich and every piece is artistically created! I look forward to creating something out of them soon!

Till then, hope you are happily crafting as well!
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to write this comment!